I recently whisked my hubby away for a surprise Valentines Day getaway. Just me and him. I dropped the baby off with a trusted friend and told him, “Get to packin!” We enjoyed our romantic getaway evening so much and got it at such a great deal that I wanted to share the information with others who live in or nearby Philadelphia who may be interested in the same deal!
I purchased the “Romantic Evening Package” from the Holiday Inn of Philadelphia – NE Bensalem. The entire package costs $158 per and includes the following…
- Overnight Accommodations
- We recommend the room with the King Size bed because you get a nice large bed and couch
- You can book it for any night of the week. I had off of work on Monday (Valentine’s Day), so I booked our getaway night for Sunday, February 13th
- The hotel was extremely neat and clean all over, even the lobby bathrooms. Our room had a flat screen TV, refrigerator and microwave
- Free wi-fi, fitness center & outdoor swimming pool (pool would be great in the summer time)
- They also have King Size rooms with jacuzzis available for an extra cost
- Bottle of Wine upon arrival
- You can request non-alcoholic wines (like sparkling apple cider), if preferred
- Our bottle of wine was White Zenfadel and it came with two wine glasses, cork screw, and we were given a cute medium-sized stuffed teddy bear with a heart on it presenting a card
- Dinner for Two at Rachel’s Resteraunt
- This is the resteraunt inside the hotel that features delicious American cuisine. Very cozy, relaxed atmosphere.
- You can pick anything on the menu! Literally. Appetizers (that you can take to your room later), dessert, etc. My hubby loved the filet mignon… says it was “cooked to perfection.”
- Two AMC Movie Tickets
- You don’t have to use the movie tickets during your stay but we did.
- There are two AMC movie theatres nearby. We went to the one at Franklin Mills Mall and saw “Mooz-lum”… movie review coming soon :)
- Breakfast for Two
- Also at Rachel’s Resteraunt and again you can pick anything on the menu!
- I ordered an omelet that was bangin’, and the buttermilk pankcakes were delicious also
- Late Checkout at 2pm
- We got free late checkout by becoming a Priority Club member (it’s free to join if you’re not already a member; I joined at check-in)
- We also got a coupon for a free drink in the resteraunt for becoming a member
Pretty good deal for $158, right? This price covers two people and the deal never expires. It’s offered all year long.
A few nearby attractions to this hotel are: PARX Casino & Racetrack, Neshaminy Mall and State Park, Peddler’s Village and Franklin Mills Outlets. We didn’t check out any of those places because we just wanted to chill-ax and enjoy one another’s company without the little one running around.
I also ordered a half-dozen cupcakes for the occasion from “Oh Taste and See,” a gourmet bakery service my friend runs (shoutout to Missie Branch). Our cupcakes were a delicious chocolate cake with homemade strawberry topping. Incredible. I enjoyed the taste, the ease of ordering online, and delivery is possible for every order. I will be creating a blog post to advertise her delicious services soon!
I also had some surprise gifts smuggled in my bag waiting for my hubby at the hotel, thanks to some great buys on Amazon.com and Overstock.com! If you’re married and never heard of the book “The Five Love Languages” by Gary Chapman, I highly recommend it. You learn what your spouse’s love language is. One of my hubby’s love languages is “receiving gifts.” My primary love language is “Quality time.”
The five love languages are:
- Receiving Gifts
- Acts of Service
- Physical Touch
- Words of Affirmation
- Quality Time
To learn what your love language is right now, then take a Free Online Love Language Test!
Feel free to pass this information on to others using the SHARE button below, and feel free to comment.