I did the “big chop” about two years ago and have experimented with many of the popular products on the market for natural hair care. There are many other products than the ones I’ve listed below, naturally (put intended). But these are common ones in my arsenal.
Click on the product name to see pictures and my review of the good, the bad, and the ugly about it. There are also recipes for you to create your own natural hair products. This can save you a ton of money because some of these products are on the pricey side. I plan to post some of the recipes in the near future.
- Suave Conditioner
- TRESemme Conditioner – Luxurious Moisture
- Miss Jessie’s Creme De La Curl Shampoo
- Miss Jessie’s Curly Pudding, Unscented
- Miss Jessie’s Baby Buttercreme
- Kinky Curly Original Curly Custard
- Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-In Detangler
- Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner
- Curls Curl Creme Brule
- Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner
- Carol’s Daughter’s Hair Milk Curl Definer
Note: The most holistic list of natural hair products I’ve found to-date is at the Curl Mart website. You can purchase the products there and often get great deals like free shipping. Also see my post “7 Places to Buy Natural Hair Products”.